Commercial Manager - Waikato
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/29880
- Closing Date:18 Dec 2022
We are currently looking for an experienced Commercial Manager to join the Green Team in the Mighty Waikato. Reporting to the Area Commercial Manager, you will form part of the region’s leadership team working to deliver optimal commercial outcomes across all contracts. You will be leading and managing a team of up to 4 direct reports alongside providing sound commercial guidance to the business.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering / Quantity Surveying / Construction / Commerce
- 10 years’ commercial experience, ideally within the construction industry
- Solid understanding of NZS3910
- Excellent working knowledge of cost and revenue management
- Experience within civil engineering / roading sector desirable
- Experience or passionate about managing and developing a team
- Ability to handle a diverse workload whilst finding creative and forward thinking solutions
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
- Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
- A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
- FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
- A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.