Traffic Management Operative
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Traffic Management
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/29892
- Closing Date:09 Feb 2023
We have opportunities for multiple permanent full time STMS's and TMO's to join our expanding Traffic Management team!
You will be responsible for managing all temporary traffic management aspects of a roadworks site, ensuring protection for all road workers and road users, traffic is directed correctly and is compliant with all necessary standards for traffic-related safety at all times.
What We Offer
• You will grow and develop in a supportive team who treat each other like Whanau
• Hard work is recognised - build a career and not just do a job
• Ongoing training and development
• Competitive hourly rate
• Awesome benefits for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
What you’ll bring to the role:
• A safety-first attitude - for yourself, your team and the public
• Full clean New Zealand Driver’s License, Minimum Class 1
• A Relevant qualification in Traffic Management would be an advantage
• A high level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Reliable, honest and flexible
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check - you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.