Trade Support & Estimations – New Plymouth
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Location:New Plymouth
- Job Reference:29904
- Closing Date:16 Feb 2023
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand’s leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets.
PlaceMakers New Plymouth is looking for an estimator to join our dynamic pricing and estimations team. You will be working on a range of projects, liaising regularly with our account managers, subcontractors, suppliers and trade customers consulting on plans and quotes.
You will work as part of a minor, centralised team to provide industry-leading estimating, quotations, price management and customer service to support Trade Sales and trade customers.
Daily you will be responsible for the –
- Preparing Quotations, keeping tabs of job progress, liaising with customers and suppliers to ensure that projects run smoothly, and responding to and processing trade sales enquiries.
- Engage regularly with account managers and the wider Trade Sales team to ensure all opportunities are captured.
- Providing customers with product advice, quotes, and pricing information as well as tailored solutions
- Track assigned project timelines to ensure deadlines are met.
- Seek out value-add solutions for internal and external customers.
- Take clear briefs from stakeholders on what is to be estimated and prepare document details as needed.
To be successful in this role, you will be computer literate and have good mathematical ability alongside a positive approach to finding creative and forward-thinking yet practical solutions. In addition, a good understanding of key aspects of building contracts and projects is an added advantage as well as all of the following –
- Experience in Estimations or Quotations would be preferred, but not essential
- Proven Customer Service and/or Sales Experience
- Building Industry experience is ideal, however, a desire to learn about our products is a must
- Strong communication skills, ability to pick up the phone and provide tailored solutions
- Be able to work under pressure and organise your time and environment for maximum efficiency
- Computer literacy is important, confident user of Excel, however, full training will be given on our in-house computer systems
- Attitude and positive approach, sense of humour and willingness to learn are key attributes to bring to the table
About PlaceMakers and our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and/or extend their learning further.
This role is working Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week, with no weekend work.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review and one of our team will get back to you!
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.