Mechanical Supervisor - Toolara
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/29914
- Closing Date:05 Jan 2023
About Laminex Australia:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role:
We currently have a vacancy for a Mechanical Supervisor (Toolara Plant) near Gympie, QLD. You will play an important role co-ordinating the maintenance of mechanical equipment to maximise production, underpinning the continuous operation of the plant. Additionally, you will provide mechanical support and guidance to production and maintenance teams in all situations including: - safety, quality, environmental, planning, breakdowns whether planned or unplanned to achieving a level of workplace safety consistent with PROTECT objectives.
In this role your responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Coordinate the maintenance of Mechanical equipment to maximise production, underpinning the continuous operation of the plant.
- Coordinate and support the mechanical maintenance (internal & external) personnel in undertaking maintenance work ensuring the team focus is upon maximising safety and productivity.
- Assist with the development and implementation of condition-based maintenance initiatives and projects.
- Assist production personnel to identify and resolve issues that impact on product quality and /or plant reliability.
- Follow-up on issues arising within production lines and contribute ideas for improving productivity and cost reduction.
- In consultation with Reliability Leader, liaise with respective teams to prioritise maintenance work and /or breakdowns.
- Complete appropriate paperwork so as to facilitate good record keeping.
- Issue any required permits during the course of the shift.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills/ experience:
- Trade Certificate or Degree level education in Mechanical discipline (mandatory)
- Demonstrated mechanical experience/skills in engineering, maintenance or project management (mandatory)
- Proven Supervisory experience (internal and external labour) (mandatory)
- Post trade experience in Hydraulic and pneumatics.
- Knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems. (CMMS)
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management (Supervision & Learning)
- Enter and Work in Confined Spaces (RIIWHS202D)
As a member of our tight knit Gympie community you will be a team player who is ready to accept the challenges of a position like this. In turn you will be supported by a magnificent senior leadership team with the backing of our excellent brand. All while situated in a beautiful regional part of the world that is only a stones throw away from gorgeous beaches, campsites and nestled within a true family focused town.
Are you ready to start your next chapter at one of Australia’s Top-10 “Best Places to Work”?
Apply now and then contact Lachlan from Laminex for a confidential discussion on 0456 918 772