Maintenance Electrician - Laminex
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/28281
- Closing Date:19 Feb 2023
About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
About the Role
Being one of Australia’s leading manufacturers in the building & interiors industry requires ongoing support and maintenance of electrical equipment. As a result, we are seeking an experienced and safety orientated Electrician at our Gympie (Monkland) site in QLD.
The primary focus of this role is to aid in the electrical maintenance of all the equipment supporting the manufacturing process. We are seeking to appoint a person who has expertise in maintaining a high standard of work in accordance with Australian regulations and standards and work as a proactive member of the operations team, under the site organisational structure.
This role is both standard dayshift hours (7-3.30pm) and/or rotating12 hour shifts – you must be able and willing to work both structures.
Key focuses & responsibilities will include:
• Pro-actively demonstrate a personal commitment to safety and our PROTECT safety culture
• Demonstrate an understanding of and comply with the responsibilities, accountabilities and authorities contained within the safety system relevant to your position and team
• Pro-actively undertake Safety Behaviour Conversations (SBC) and identify hazards and implement appropriate control measures
• Achieve and maintain a high standard of housekeeping
• Report all injuries, incidents, hazards and near misses, regardless of severity
• Complete quality assurance testing and recording
• Efficient and effective fault finding to diagnose and repair plant outages in a timely manner.
We are after the following experience, skills & traits:
• Appropriate trade certification
• Shift work experience
• Senior First Aid certificate (preferred not mandatory)
• Previous experience in a manufacturing and/or industrial environment
• High level of fault finding, repair and carry out maintenance on complex electrical systems comprising of Citect SCADA systems, Allen Bradley PLCs and Variable Speed drives
• High voltage Maintenance 11KV ring main (helpful but not essential)
• Good knowledge of AC/DC drives
• Confined space certification
• Working at heights (EWP) certification
• Commitment to working within the Mex CMMS environment
• AutoCAD experience desirable
This opportunity calls for a team and strict safety obsessed professional. You will be joining a close-knit team that will be there for ongoing support and to help develop your career further.
In return you’ll be joining one of Australia’s most dynamic and respected brands situated in the incredible area town of Gympie. We’re a part of the Fletcher Building Group, with operations in Australia and New Zealand. The Fletcher Building family is a global community of people who celebrate each other’s experience, skills and individuality to create amazing work. With that, comes a lot of opportunity.
Are you ready to start your next chapter at one of Australia’s Top-10 "Best Places to Work"?
Apply now and then contact Lachlan from Laminex for a confidential discussion on 0456 918 772