Civil Construction Cadet
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCh/10050098
- Closing Date:17 Feb 2023
If you having been thinking about joining the Civil Construction industry, our Cadet Programme provides you with an opportunity to gain valuable experience across the different aspects of the work we are involved in including Construction, Surfacing, Traffic Management to name a few.
The Cadet Programme:
• A nine month programme before starting in a permanent role
• All your personal protective clothing is provided
• All the tools you need are supplied
• You’ll be working locally in a skilled team
• Work rotations to experience all aspects of roading and construction
• A Cadet Mentor will support and guide you
What you will bring to the Cadet Programme:
• All you need is a Class 1 Restricted or Full Licence
• NCEA Level 2
• The attitude to learn
What’s in it for you:
• Onsite and industry training can take you from ground entry through to supervisor level and beyond.
• You’ll have NZQA qualifications, Unit Standards and all the necessary licences
• Money in your pocket.
Are you keen - what's next?
Places are limited, so if you are looking for an opportunity for 2023, apply online TODAY or drop into our Branch at SH2 Waingawa.
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
We will only consider applications from people who are eligible to work in NZ.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.