- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/30095
- Closing Date:06 Feb 2023
Our Australian Made Story
You know you’ve found the right place when you feel like you belong. Where you mix with people with shared values and drive. Whose energy sparks your own, and where you feel like you’re part of something great.
That’s what you’ll find at Laminex. We’ve been Australia’s leading manufacturer of decorative surfaces for over 85 years. From humble beginnings in a tin shed in Melbourne, we now service all of Australia with manufacturing, distribution and sales hubs around the country – and we’re continuing to grow.
But who are we? We’re a team of high performers. We believe in camaraderie and creativity. In continuous learning,and embracing change. In balancing work with wellbeing. And achieving personal goals just as much as professional goals.
You may not find ping pong tables or poker here… but we know you’ll find somewhere you belong.
Ready to take the next step in your career?… read on. You could find your future at Laminex.
Where your story begins
Laminex Waterloo is positioned for growth and is looking to appoint an organized and efficient administration assistant to work within our finance and administration team.
Part of your responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the processing of orders
- Tracking and tracing of orders to ensure timely delivery
- Liaising with our warehouse contacts to confirm status of deliveries
- Preparation of consignment notes, transport dockets and purchase orders
- Maintain updated records of orders, suppliers and customers
- Provide information to customers about the status of their orders
- Assist with data entry and general bookkeeping requirements
- Basic administrative duties; filing, stationery ordering, updating our registers for invoicing and replacements, submitting credit requests, Reconciliations.
- Providing a high level of customer service; via phone and for onsite visitors.
The role you will play
We would love for you to be motivated and have strong attention to detail along with a desire to learn and grow with the company, as well as time management skills. We understand if you don't tick all the boxes as training will be provided but having a keen attitude and passion to learn is important.
You will ideally have:
- Proven experience as an office administrator, office assistant or a relevant role.
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles.
- knowledge of Microsoft Office application
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ideally an understanding of freight management and freight booking but not essential
Feel like you’ve found your place? We’re so glad to hear it – and we’d love to hear from you.