- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/30099
- Closing Date:05 Apr 2023
The Higgins Christchurch Team are looking for an experienced Environmental Health and Safety Advisor to join the business. We are a growing business with a variety of projects underway and scheduled to start in the next 12 months.
This will be a sole charge position where you can utilise your skills and experience and lead from the front. You will be responsible for providing professional advice to the front-line leaders and workforce and promote movement towards an interdependent safety culture. Your role will also require you to coach workers on best practice safety and help them to ensure all risks are appropriately managed in the workplace.
Come join the Green Team:
• Competitive salary
• Join a supportive team that treat each other like Whānau
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy ,PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
What you will bring to the role:
• Tertiary qualifications in EHS
• Driving Licence (current, full and clean)
• At least 5 years’ experience in health and safety, ideally within the construction industry
• Strong decision making abilities – this is a sole charge role in branch with wider team across the Higgins business to support
• Excellent knowledge of the NZ legislative environment including HSE, ACC and HSNO and industry guidelines and standards
• Thorough knowledge of work related illnesses and injuries, and rehabilitation processes.
• Strong communication skills with a coaching, influencing emphasis
• The ability to build credibility and trust in the business
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.