Distribution Centre Operator - Mico Christchurch
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Mico
- Job Reference:MCO 30111
- Closing Date:15 Feb 2023
Mico Plumbing and Bathrooms is New Zealand’s leading specialist supplier of plumbing and bathroom products to trade, retail and commercial customers with a reputation for quality and customer satisfaction. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global building industry company and the biggest name in plumbing and bathroom supplies.
About the role:
Our awesome, big, new Distribution Centre in Christchurch, services both regional and national customers with hundreds of deliveries of our Mico products every day. This is an entry-level role and would suit anyone who wants to join a vibrant team, learn about distribution and help exceed customer expectations.
It is a varied, hands-on role and you will be responsible for picking, packing and dispatching, unloading and loading trucks and inwards goods. Work hours are Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with no weekend work.
To be successful you will need:
- A good level of physical fitness and safe work practices as there is manual handling involved
- Hold a Full Class 1 Driver's licence
- Holding a forklift licence (F endorsed or OSH) is preferable or having forklift experience and we can train you
- Have sound communication and numeracy skills with good attention to detail
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic and reliable, has impeccable attention to detail and numeracy skills, and who can remain calm under pressure. You will be a team player who works well with others to complete tasks and achieve goals but, more than anything, having a great attitude and awesome personality is what we’re after!
What we offer:
In return, we’ll offer you a great salary, excellent training and development and a strong and supportive team environment. As Mico New Zealand is also part of Fletcher Building, there are great chances for career development, plus big-company benefits:
- Staff Purchase Discount Card for Mico and PlaceMakers
- Subsidised Medical Insurance
- Employee Education Fund - subsidised education and training to employees and their dependants
- Learning Academy – an award-winning learning academy to support your career development
- FBuShare – the opportunity to purchase shares and financially be a part of the business you work for
Please note, a full pre-employment medical, including a drug test, will be required and you must currently be legally entitled to live and work permanently in New Zealand.
If you have a great attitude to work, are reliable and enjoy hard work whilst being able to have a joke and a laugh, then we’d love to hear from you!
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.