- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:FCH/30165
- Closing Date:06 Feb 2023
We are seeking a highly experienced EHS Manager to join the Green Team!
Driven by a can-do attitude, you will provide coaching and support to Branch Leaders to promote a movement toward an interdependent safety culture.
Working with the Region Manager, employees, and contractors, you will lead EHS improvement and change programs. Building and maintaining trusted relationships, whilst having conversations that challenge the status quo to uplift EHS capability is crucial.
In this role, you have the opportunity to make your mark alongside great people in an environment that is fast paced, challenging, and complex.
What does success look like in this role?
- Ability to inspire, engage, and influence others
- Experience in a similar role in civil construction or another high-risk industry
- Ability to be an agent of cultural change and lead a modern EHS approach
- A contemporary approach to investigation, risk analysis, and root cause analysis
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally, in writing, and interpersonally
- A strong conceptual and analytical skill set
- Technical EHS expertise and driving EHS performance improvement
- Demonstrated legislative knowledge, interpretation, and practical application with employees
What We Offer
- Maximum of 45 hours per week
- $110,000 - $125,000 per annum salary is commensurate with experience
- On-going training and development
- Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
Higgins is a leading road maintenance and civil infrastructure business, our team are out there, putting their expertise to work with a customer focused mindset, every step of the way. Employing 1700 people nationwide, Higgins’ breadth of capabilities ensures we’re ideally equipped to tackle major infrastructure projects through to road maintenance and construction product manufacture.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check - you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.