- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:18 Feb 2023
Fletcher Easysteel is a major merchant of steel products and services throughout New Zealand. Through a nationwide network of sales centres it supplies a broad range of world-class brands to the construction, engineering, natural resources and manufacturing industries.
We believe having a safe working environment and understanding workplace makes us stand out from the crowd. We prioritise Health and Safety and are committed leaders through our initiatives and ongoing Health and Safety practices. We all take a personal responsibility no matter who we are meaning everyone can return home safely every day.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Account Manager to join our friendly and helpful team in Auckland. You will be responsible for promoting and selling Easysteel products and services, solidifying current relationships and continuing to grow our customer base in Auckland.
Reporting to the Area Sales Manager, you will be working closely with our external customers who are predominantly, small to large sized companies, fabricators and merchant networks.
You are a natural at building strong relationships to ensure you deliver on targets and drive the region’s sales. You will have a proven track record of both securing new business and delivering outstanding service to existing stakeholders. You’ll be comfortable demonstrating product knowledge to others and accustomed to eliciting customer requirements and generating interest in new products or services.
You are a hunter and a confident self-starter who is able to engage with different levels of the organisation. You are resilient and have a knack for problem solving. Previous experience in a manufacturing background would be a bonus.
What you’ll be doing:
- Securing sales – spending time with customers and internal teams to ensure we deliver to the customers’ requirements
- Managing existing relationships and developing new ones
- Providing outstanding service to our customers
- Seeking to profitably grow market share and develop our position as the market's leading brand
- Join a small friendly team of people who have the knowledge to share
- Develop a strong sales career within a challenging and fast-moving market
- Competitive package with market-leading quarterly bonuses
- Opportunities for career development are endless
- Company vehicle provided
Click on apply now if this sounds like you!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.