- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:SBP/30213
- Closing Date:08 Feb 2023
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers and we’re very proud to be Australian Made.
Due to an internal promotion, we’re currently on the lookout for an experienced production manager.
Key focus & responsibilities
You will play a vital role in the safety, efficiency and profitability of our site in Rockhampton. The Production Manager will lead production and engineering staff across all shifts. You will also work closely with our external transport provider and supply chain teams to maximise customer service and inventory efficiency. You will be proactive in recommending and implementing improvement initiatives and ensuring housekeeping and safety standards are of the highest level.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To drive business safety improvement through leadership and achievement of safety lead and lag goals.
- Optimise manufacturing to enable efficient operations to the fulfilment of market segment requirements, considering the delivery of products to all downstream operations and internal customers.
- Provide input into cost effective pro-active and timely solutions to maintenance issues, in consultation with Manager.
- Allocate duties according to planning schedule to ensure timely execution as efficiently as practicable
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing everyone, we all have our own story to tell
- Offering market leading benefits including 24 weeks parental leave with full pay or 52 weeks at half, Great corporate partner discounts, Learning academy Development and So much More!!
What does success at Stramit look like?
You are a change champion, you challenge the status quo and you inspire others. You are a problem solver, ready to rollup your sleeves and you think big. You shape the future, rather than stand on the sidelines. You are hardwired for connection, curiosity, and engagement. You crave purpose and have a deep desire to create and contribute. You shine when empowered, being held to account to deliver and exceed. You take calculated risks, embrace vulnerabilities and are unique. You are seeking a challenge, an opportunity to make an indelible mark and a once in a lifetime career path.
Let’s grow and build something that matters for future generations – together!
We are on the lookout for;
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a manufacturing environment, with knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude, working in machine-based operations.
- Strong Safety focus with a preventative/proactive approach and the ability to manage any OH&S issues to resolution.
- Consultative hands on approach with a diverse workforce
So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit to grow an exciting career with Stramit!