- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/30244
- Closing Date:13 Feb 2023
Our Australian Made Story
You know you’ve found the right place when you feel like you belong. Where you mix with people with shared values and drive. Whose energy sparks your own, and where you feel like you’re part of something great.
That’s what you’ll find at Laminex. We’ve been Australia’s leading manufacturer of decorative surfaces for over 85 years. From humble beginnings in a tin shed in Melbourne, we now service all of Australia with manufacturing, distribution and sales hubs around the country – and we’re continuing to grow.
But who are we? We’re a team of high performers. We believe in camaraderie and creativity. In continuous learning and embracing change. In balancing work with wellbeing. And achieving personal goals just as much as professional goals.
You may not find ping pong tables or poker here… but we know you’ll find somewhere you belong.
Ready to take the next step in your career?… read on. You could find your future at Laminex.
We are seeking a Laboratory Supervisor to lead an already established team at our Ballarat NATA accredited laboratory in role that is built for career progression. Leading a team of 4-5, the Laboratory Supervisor will manage the safe operation of all laboratory activities to deliver timely and accurate data, for the purpose of providing product performance insights and recommendations.
What GREAT looks like:
- High performance safety culture underpinned by effective documented procedures, optimised processes, training programs and continuous improvement auditing
- Multiskilled laboratory team fully proficient in all relevant test methods to enable fully flexible task allocation
- Optimised laboratory systems & processes to provide timely completion of routine testing and investigation tasks
- Streamlined data collection and reporting systems to optimise resource utilisation and reporting capabilities
- Uninterrupted NATA certification of the Laminex Testing Laboratory
- Compliant testing program to support maintenance of CARB certification
- Active Laminex manufactured product surveillance monitoring program provides data to Operations teams to support continuous improvement activities
- Standardised formal reporting of product fault claims investigation and validation testing
- Skilled technical resources actively utilised on specialist projects, as required
What does our perfect match look like?
While being a supervisor leading a small team this is still a hands-on role so we require a “roll the sleeves up” type not the super delegator. We are after the following experience, skills & traits:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science or Engineering with Chemistry or Materials disciplines
- 5 years’ experience in similar roles with a manufacturing and operations focus
- Extensive experience managing a small team
- Knowledge of laboratory systems and process control activities critical to maintaining NATA accreditation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to report & present complex data to suit all audience types
- Proven data analysis capability to provide meaningful insights
- Knowledge of building products industry or other manufacturing environment
- Report & present to all levels of business management
- Maintenance of auditable systems and certifications (e.g. ISO 9001 & NATA certification schemes)
- Facilitating change and actively driving continuous improvement
Are you ready to join the team and make a difference?