- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/10050583
- Closing Date:12 Feb 2023
Are you an experienced EHS Advisor driven by a can-do attitude, passionate about transforming to a line led EHS culture, where people are empowered, well equipped and set-up for success?
Based in either Wellington or Manawatū you will be supporting the branch on all things EHS. Working in partnership with branch management teams and contractors, so building and maintaining trusted relationships and transparency with all levels of staff and our contractors is crucial.
As an EHS leader you will coach, guide and provide technical advice to management, contractors, and have boots on the ground to coach in the field.
If you enjoy fast paced, challenging and complex operating environments, with the opportunity to make your mark alongside great people where no day is the same, then this is the role for you.
It goes without saying that you will have all the relevant skills and experience along with being able to demonstrate your strong Injury Management and H&S Investigative background you will also be able to bring the following:
• A demonstrated ability to inspire and influence people
• Experience within a similar role in civil construction or other high-risk industry
• Ability to be an agent of cultural change and lead a modern EHS approach
• Ability to deliver user-friendly, fit for purpose EHS resources designed around frontline users
• A contemporary approach and skillset for good investigation, root cause analysis and risk management
• Strong verbal and written communication, workshop facilitation and interpersonal skills
• Sound conceptual and analytical skills, with effective problem solving and an inquisitive mind
• Sound computer experience (eg Microsoft, Excel, PowerPoint and other)
• Technical EHS expertise and driving EHS performance improvement
• Demonstrated knowledge of legislation, its interpretation and practical application with employees
What We Offer:
• Competitive salary package
• On-going training and development
• Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
Ready for the challenge and want to align your goals with ours? If so, we would love to hear from you! Be a part of a leading roading and civil infrastructure company with Higgins, apply online today or get in touch for a chat!
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure construction company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 50 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrow’s New Zealand.
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free - all successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug test and medical.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Higgins Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.