- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Location:Palmerston North
- Job Reference:EAS/30314
- Closing Date:10 Feb 2023
Fletcher Easysteel is a major merchant of steel products and services throughout New Zealand. Through a nationwide network of sales centres it supplies a broad range of world-class brands to the construction, engineering, natural resources and manufacturing industries.
We are looking for a motivated Storeperson with a can-do attitude and enthusiastic personality to join our team in Palmerston North. It is a full-time, permanent role within a friendly and supportive team reporting directly to the Store Supervisor. Monday to Friday, 40 hours, start as early as 6.30am and finish early.
- Pick orders as per the pick slips from sales
- Receive inwards goods from the mills and other branches
- Loading & unloading of trucks
- Ensure goods being dispatched matches goods on paperwork
- Timely communication with office staff, customers, and drivers
- Keep the store area clean and organised
- Be a H&S champion by completing related tasks in a timely manner, report potential hazards and all near misses promptly
- Excellent customer service and communication with both internal and external customers
- Be a strong team player
- Take pride in ensuring that products and equipment are handled diligently to avoid damages
- Ability to pick up and understand technical information, as you will be dealing with a wide range of varied products
- Prioritise tasks and meet datelines
- Be physically fit and able to manually lift up to 25 kg
- Forklift license is a MUST
Why work for us?
- Guaranteed monthly pay
- Real opportunities for career advancement
- Access to relevant information and training. Training will be provided on site including obtaining an overhead gantry crane license
- Irresistible staff benefits being a part of the Fletcher Building group
Please apply today!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.