Manufacturing Manager - Cheltenham
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/30338
- Closing Date:12 Feb 2023
About Laminex Australia
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
The Manufacturing Manager position is an integral role leading our high performing Cheltenham Plant. Accountable for leading the entire High-Pressure Laminate manufacturing team and delivering the annual business plan for the manufacturing unit, this position has a focus on promoting continuous improvement while working with leaders from across the Victoria/NSW Operations business unit to achieve common goals.
Your responsibilities in this role will be around overall improvement in safety at work, quality control, reliability, productivity, and costs to achieve world class manufacturing principles and practices.
The accountabilities of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Safety and plant integrity;
- Ensure environmental stewardship
- Delivering Operational Reliability and continuous improvement
- Leadership and personnel performance management;
- Defining & delivering the manufacturing units yearly plan; i.e. safety, production, maintenance and capital plans;
- Ensure the efficiency of the production & maintenance systems and practices;
- Overseeing the delivery of product to internal & external customers at the agreed volume & specification in a timely & cost-effective manner.
This position calls for a true leader in every sense of the word, someone who has been in a similar position for the past 10+ years and who has experience working in a 24/7 continuous manufacturing environment.
The selected candidate will outline the below skills and qualifications:
- Degree level education in an engineering, finance or business discipline or can demonstrate equivalent experience/training.
- Exceptional people management skills, with proven experience raising employee engagement and satisfaction levels
- A minimum of 10-years line management experience gained in a high-volume continuous production environment.
- Continuous Improvement and change management experience
- Outstanding aptitude to communicate with a wide range of people coupled with Facilitation, coaching & development skills.
- Be outcomes focused with the ability to balance production, safety, environment and resources
- Ability to work and succeed under pressure
Operating at a middle management level, you will have proven success in a team that has successfully implemented a multi-faceted change program and is seeking to join an industry leader with the drive to lead your team to success.
What is in it for you?
This is a critical role with direct ability to impact the output/behaviours of one of our oldest sites that produces the flagship products of Laminex. You will be working within a high investment environment with a strong R&D pipeline with the product category leading the growth of Laminex. This is an amazing opportunity to be apart of a high achieving, supportive and fast moving team.
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and be a part of our team. Apply now!