Supply Chain Analyst
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Supply Chain/Procurement
- Business Group:Golden Bay Cement
- Job Reference:GBC/30392
- Closing Date:14 Feb 2023
Golden Bay Cement have built a reputation as a reliable manufacturer and distributor of cement products, leading the industry in New Zealand for over 100 years and they continue to lead the way in decarbonisation for a sustainable future. Golden Bay comprises 6 distribution centres, two quarries, one complex processing plant, one ship around 90 trucks and best of all approximately 500 employees who join you on the GBC journey!
This exciting Supply Chain Analyst role will ideally join our team based in Penrose, however we are open to discuss your ideal location if you are further afield.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role supports the S&OP Manager with the planning and distribution of cement (predominantly by ship) from our manufacturing plant in Whangarei to our service centres across the North Island.
Your key responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Accurately measure sales forecast and work with the Sales team to continuously improve their accuracy
- Monitor and maintain GBC DRP model. Place and organise replenishment orders from overseas vendors for Fly ash and Microsilica fume and bagging volumes for NZ market
- Review inventory accuracy through stock checks and recommend improvements
- Implement strategies for inventory and cost optimisation
- Manage and reconcile stock inventory by ensuring documentation are raised accurately and closed in a timely
- Apply all elements of Health, Safety and Environmental practices that meet business standards.
Vital to your success in this role is your ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders and communicate effectively across the wider business. As well as having a proven
track record in a similar supply chain analyst role you will ideally have:
- Proficient knowledge in Supply Chain ERP systems
- Advanced skills in Excel and MS Office
- Extensive experience in inventory management, forecasting and supply planning systems
- Proven analytical and numeracy skills and an understanding of sourcing and analysing information from multiple channels.
As part of the Fletcher Building group of companies, you will be able to leverage experience and relationships from across our organisation and achieve success for yourself and our company. You will be joining a business in great shape that is ready to capitalise on your drive and energy and can offer great benefits that come from working with one of New Zealand’s largest listed companies. GBC is going from strength to strength; we offer a strong and supportive leadership team, a clear vision and true career growth. Your ambition will be valued and nurtured as you utilise this opportunity to cement your skills to grow your career.
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.