Class 4 HIAB Delivery Driver – Whanganui
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:30397
- Closing Date:20 Feb 2023
About the role:
Reporting to the Regional Transport Manager, this position is a permanent full-time, paid a minimum of 40 hours per week and working Monday to Friday, delivering orders to our customers in a timely, professional and safe manner. We use a range of hassle-free, modern-day apps and hand-held technology, limiting the need for drivers to complete lengthy paperwork, saving you time and making your life easier.
Daily you will be responsible for :
- Full-Time driving responsibilities, with a manual handling aspect inclusive of crane access
- Safely delivering orders to our customers whilst ensuring that we provide exceptional service at all times
- Collecting a consignment from our branches or plants and completing deliveries to our customers across the region
- Supporting the team to ensure our customers are receiving an exceptional service
Skills and Experience:
- Hold a full, clean Class 4/5 NZ Drivers Licence
- Proven HIAB experience and truck driving experience
- Ability to pass a medical and a drug & alcohol test
- Have an excellent manner with people, especially customers
- Be physically fit as manual handling and heavy lifting are a requirement
- Be reliable and have a good attitude towards health & safety
About PlaceMakers and our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and/or extend their learning further.
This role is working Monday to Friday, 40 hours, permanent opportunity.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review and one of our team will get back to you!
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.