- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/30435
- Closing Date:07 Jun 2023
We are looking for a Leading Hand to join our Maintenance team. This is a leadership role where you can still be hands on! You will be leading a crew to undertaking general maintenance activities and minor road repairs. You will be maintaining approx. 90km of roading, you will be on the road regularly.
What's in it for you
• Opportunity to upskill in machine operating and gain relevant licences if required
• Career development – opportunities available to grow you career at Higgins
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Competitive hourly rate
• Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
If you have relevant experience and are looking for a step up in your career into a leading hand position then we would be very interested to talk to you – there is support and training available to help you be successful in this position.
What you’ll bring to the role
• Full Class 2 licence
• You will be a people person – you will enjoy leading a team or have an interest in stepping into this position
• Ability to work on call on a roster basis (you will receive an on-call allowance)
• Experience in the construction industry or Traffic Management is desirable
• Basic computer literacy required to manage your workload
• Be a confident communicator
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haere
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.