Hub Manager - Coffs Harbour
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Location:Coffs Harbour
- Job Reference:LAM/30493
- Closing Date:24 Feb 2023
Our Australian Made Story
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it in hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants, or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and panel products so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
Where your story begins
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Manager to bring leadership and continuous improvement to our established team in Coffs Harbour.
As an integral part of our Supply Chain management team, you will be accountable for the Regional Distribution Hub, servicing the Local towns and surrounds along with the nominated neighbouring towns customer base from order entry to delivery to the customer. You will ensure the prescribed service offer is maintained and service levels, including all relevant KPI’s for the business, are met with in budgeted financial guidelines and OH&S compliance.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Uphold the strong Laminex safety & wellbeing values and operate under belief “all injuries are preventable”
- Responsible for ensuring effective resource planning is maintained for the day-to-day Distribution Centre operations
- Monitor and communicate KPI’s for each functional area of responsibility and implement relative corrective actions to increase efficiency and improve the customer experience.
- Direct and monitor team performance in meeting their targets within the supply chain
- Liaise with other cross functional division managers, in particular Regional Sales Managers and Inventory teams.
- Ensure Distribution Centre operations function within budget requirements
- Actively promote and enforce company policy and ensure operational staff are aware of individual responsibilities. Eg Security, OH&S, EEO, Industrial Agreement, Discrimination and Harassment and other company policies and procedures.
- Review and implement continuous improvements and promote the Laminex Supply Chain Excellence Program
- Be involved in the recruitment, training, and development of team members and identify opportunities to improve employee engagement
- Communicate effectively with team – leading daily toolbox meetings
- Management of the site distribution fleet, warehouse operations, suppliers, and Inventory
The role you will play
As our Distribution Hub Manager, you will be an integral member of our Supply Chain team who actively demonstrates safe work processes and behaviours to ensure these are followed by all employees and contractors.
This will be a 40-hour salaried postion, plus a single cab Toyota HiLux with the standard start time being 6am or 7am.
Leading by example, you will ideally hold:
- Diploma and 5-7 years of experience OR the equivalent in job-related experience.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Computer literacy – ASW, Excel, Word, Lotus Notes, Micro-soft Project
- Knowledge of business planning systems for distribution and inventory management
- Experience in managing stakeholder relationships and understanding their supply chain challenges
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously
- Advantageous – Experience in Continuous Improvement programs
Are you ready to start your next chapter?