- Job Type:Part time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:23 Feb 2023
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers and we’re very proud to be Australian Made.
We’re currently on the lookout for a Part-Time Assistant Accountant – (32 hours Per Week) 4 Days fulltime or reduced hours across 5 Days.
Key focus & responsibilities
This is an exciting time for our business as we are actively seeking an Assistant Accountant to join a close knit and supportive team.
Our business’ focus is on growth and investing in their employees. As a result we are seeking a motivated and determined financial professional to join a fast paced business with ongoing growth potential.
You would be responsible for:
- General Ledger Coding allocations, standard journals Monthly accruals
- Complete and maintain Balance Sheet reconciliations and General Ledger reconciliations
- Assist with Month End Process
- Fraedom Expense Management system administration
- Provide support to other Finance team members for leave coverage.
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing everyone, we all have our own story to tell
- Offering market leading benefits including 24 weeks parental leave with full pay or 52 weeks at half, Great corporate partner discounts, Learning academy Development and So much More!
What does success at Stramit look like?
You are a change champion, you challenge the status quo and you inspire others. You are a problem solver, ready to rollup your sleeves and you think big. You shape the future, rather than stand on the sidelines. You are hardwired for connection, curiosity, and engagement. You crave purpose and have a deep desire to create and contribute. You shine when empowered, being held to account to deliver and exceed. You take calculated risks, embrace vulnerabilities and are unique. You are seeking a challenge, an opportunity to make an indelible mark and a once in a lifetime career path.
Let’s grow and build something that matters for future generations – together!
We are on the lookout for;
- Working toward CA or CPA Qual
- 1-2 years' in a similar role as an Assistant Accountant
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong time management, ability to prioritise and meet timelines under pressure
- Experience working in a fast paced, deadline focused, high volume role
- Ability to combine strong analytical skills and problem solving skills with business knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Possesses ‘can do attitude’, ability to work in a team, ethics and integrity
- FMCG, Maintenance, Construction, Building materials industry or Multisite background highly regarded
So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit to grow an exciting career with Stramit!