Specialist Operator: Chipsealing
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/30547
- Closing Date:05 Jun 2023
Are you an experienced Class 5 Driver who is looking to enhance their skillset? We have an opportunity for skilled drivers to be trained as Bitumen Sprayer Operators, a highly sought-after skill in the civil and roading industry.
Ideally you will have experience within the industry, a strong understanding of health & safety practices and procedures and a desire to work as part of a team that are passionate about what they do and delivering projects to a high standard.
Skills and Experience required:
• Full clean Class 5 New Zealand Driver’s License, WTR
• Strong focus on health and safety not just your own but your colleagues and the public
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
• A reasonable level of physical fitness due to the physical nature of the role
• Reliable, honest and flexible
• Able to work, day shift, night shift, and at times weekends and be open to travel outside the region, when required
What’s in it for you?
• Opportunity to be trained in using our modern Bitumen Spray Trucks
• Learn about Emulsion/Bitumen products, sprayer performance & application rates
• Support to gain necessary licenses and qualifications related to Bitumen Spraying
• Guaranteed hours
• Competitive hourly rate
• Fletchers Benefits Programme, including subsidised medical insurance, Employee Education
Fund - subsidised education and training to employees and their dependents, discount on various products for you and your family to enjoy
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 60 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.