Senior Project Manager
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/30555
- Closing Date:24 Feb 2023
Thinking of a move? The city of Tauranga is an excellent choice for those seeking to balance work in New Zealand with a fantastic lifestyle. You'll be based in the beautiful, sunny Bay of Plenty near some of New Zealand’s best beaches.
We have an opportunity available for an experienced Roading Construction Senior Project Manager to join our Green Team in Tauranga.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, this is a diverse role where you will be working on multiple projects up to the value of $30m and will play an integral part in everything right from tender through to delivery. You’ll also be responsible for the day to day leadership of the team, which consists of three Project Engineers and a Supervisor. The project team size ranges between 15 to 20 including internal and external support functions.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Civil Engineering Degree or similar (extensive experience post grad preferred)
- Ideally 10+ years’ experience leading, coaching and managing a team
- Extensive experience managing roading construction projects
- A strong focus on clients and relationships
- A strong focus on cost control and quality outcomes
- Understanding of the Construction Contracts Act and knowledge of NZS3910 is desirable
- Full clean Class 1 New Zealand Driver’s License
- Strong focus on health and safety not just your own but your colleagues and the public
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.