Trade Support Team Member - Rotorua
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:PMKAD30567
- Closing Date:22 Feb 2023
Help us build New Zealand! PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,400 people in 60+ locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We are looking for a vibrant individual who is self-motivated for our Rotorua Branch and has fantastic time management and organisational skills. This is a key position in our busy branch and your main responsibilities include:
• Receive incoming calls from trade customers and offering advice on PlaceMakers products and services
• Follow-up customer enquiries and coordinate orders with the dispatch area
• Source and order special goods
• Handle general price enquiries
• Work alongside and provide backup to our Account Managers
Your positive attitude, ability to multi-task and awesome work ethic is essential. You will be a great communicator, enjoy building a good rapport with our suppliers and be comfortable using your own initiative. Alongside this, you will also be able to demonstrate the following:
• You will need strong communication skills
• A high standard of customer service
• Be able to work under pressure and organise your time and environment for maximum efficiency
• You will need to be computer literate, although full training will be given on our in-house computer systems
If you have a “Know How Can Do” attitude, enjoy working in a team environment, and would like the challenge this position brings, then we’d love to hear from you!
What’s in it for you?
This role will be challenging, but an equally fantastic foot-in-the-door opportunity to demonstrate your ability to help increase sales for the branch, opening doors for further career opportunities within our wider business.
You will be contributing to a fun and friendly team where your natural ability to relate to people and provide customers with solutions will see you succeed in this role. This is an exciting time to join our journey as we grow our people and business. You will have the opportunity for further training and development as well as career progression. In return, you will be joining a well-respected company offering a range of benefits that come with being part of the wider Fletcher Building Group so you're in good hands with us!
As part of the recruitment process you may be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, including drug and alcohol testing.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.