Inventory Controller - Queenstown
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:06 Apr 2023
Our PlaceMakers Queenstown branch has an opportunity for a brand-new exciting role: Inventory Controller. Working Monday to Friday, you will be responsible for the management of stock control and purchasing of inventory for the branch, which also extends to the review/management of products and building relationships with external and internal suppliers in regard to inventory standards & procedures.
The purpose of the role is to ensure there is enough stock on hand to meet anticipated sales, while seeking out better buying opportunities to maximise returns. Also, to ensure inventory management best practices and accuracy, while identifying opportunities to either support growth for the business or improve profitability.
Daily you will be responsible for:
• Ensure there is adequate stock on hand to meet customer requirements
• Seek out better buying opportunities to secure rebates/discounts and identify margin buying opportunities with the relevant stakeholders
• Ensure stock/indent orders are coordinated and despatched in a timely manner
• Maintain inventory reporting requirements
• Ensure all inventory records are up to date and accurate
• Meeting regularly (formally and informally) with all direct reports, to provide QA outcomes, information, support, feedback, coaching and development. This is to enable team members to perform to their maximum potential, and ensuring engagement and employee attrition targets are achieved
• Lead team members to ensure a high-performance culture and address any issues impacting team or individual performance in accordance with relevant policies
• Monitor and support the team to ensure they have the necessary tools and resources to achieve business objectives, priorities, and outputs
Skills and Experience:
• Experience with inventory co-ordination and/or management
• Any relevant qualification related to inventory and/or logistics
• Demonstrable competency with reporting and numeracy
• Comfortable investigating and problem-solving
• Takes initiative and organizes effectively
• Ability to build great relationships with customers, external contractors and team members
• Great verbal communication skills
• Strong attention to detail
What's we offer:
Here at PlaceMakers you will have the ability to create lasting relationships and contribute to the success of our business. We offer amazing training, development, and progression opportunities plus a competitive salary and lots of staff benefits so you're in good hands with us!
This is an exciting time to join our journey as we grow our people and business, you will be joining a well- respected company that will invest in your career.
You must have the legal right to work in NZ indefinitely and a pre-employment medical, including drug test is required (arranged and paid for by PlaceMakers).
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.