Mechanical Fitter / Coordinator - Laminex Dardanup
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/30661
- Closing Date:21 May 2023
About Laminex Australia:
We’ve been a part of the iconic Australian design landscape for over 85 years. Only a few short years after Australian’s fell in love with Vegemite, families were spreading their toast in kitchens and on tables made by us. We’ve come a long way.
Today, you’ll see Laminex on surfaces everywhere you look - be it hospitals, shopping centres, restaurants or your home. We manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers so that all Australians can live in beautiful, practical spaces.
Monday – Friday (9 Day Fortnight) – 6.00am to 2.30pm.
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday hours – 6.00am to 4.30pm.
RDO Monday or Friday once per fortnight (choice of).
About the Role:
We are looking for a Mechanical Coordinator to join the team as a highly skilled mechanical resource onsite. Responsible for our Finishing operations, this role is pivotal in developing an improved maintenance management system and maximising production outcomes.
The Mechanical Coordinator provides leadership support and guidance to the production and maintenance teams in all aspects including safety, quality, environment, planning, resourcing, breakdowns and planned shutdowns. In addition this role is critical to the reliability driven improvements that will ensure the site remains competitive into the future.
- Identify and resolve operational reliability issues in order to deliver equipment KPI’s (OEE)
- Ensure maintenance activities are conducted safely by competent personnel in accordance with the relevant standards and operating procedures
- Plan and allocate labour and resources to effectively execute all work activities
- Perform Root Cause Analysis on all critical failures of plant and ensure action items derived are implemented and sustained
- Work collaboratively with personnel in other departments, including Production and Site services
We are looking for a strong communicator experienced in providing coaching and development to contribute to positive team building. Your excellent interpersonal skills will also be paramount to your success as you will be regularly liaising with various stakeholders in the business. In order to hit the ground running you will also have:
- Trade (Mechanical Maintenance) qualified with a background in industrial manufacturing/processing environments (essential)
- Job Site Safety Awareness Training (Blue Card)
- Occupational Health & Safety training (e.g. Safety Rep, Certificate I & II OH&S)
- Demonstrated experience maintaining fixed plant and machinery (essential)
- Proficiency of planning and coordinating maintenance tasks
- Sound knowledge of preventative maintenance principles and condition monitoring techniques
- A focus on Safety that aligns with our PROTECT objectives and an ability to develop Hazard Analysis and risk assessments on assigned jobs
- Experienced with CMMS maintenance systems
As a member of our tight knit Dardanup community you will be a team player who is ready to accept the challenges of a position like this. In turn you will be supported by a senior leadership team with the backing of our excellent brand. All while situated in a beautiful regional part of the world that is only a stone’s throw away from gorgeous beaches, campsites and nestled within a true family focused region.
Are you ready to start your next chapter at one of Australia’s Top-10 "Best Places to Work"?