Showroom Team Member - Evans Bay
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:30767
- Closing Date:13 Apr 2023
About the role:
As the first point of contact at our Trade Counter and Showroom, you will interact daily with our customers who are the heart and soul of our business, by building and maintaining effective relationships with them by being solutions-focused, offering product support and technical information.
Daily you will be responsible for:
- You will build effective relationships with our Trade and Retail customers by offering product support, technical information, and interior design solutions.
- You will be a people person thriving most when supporting our customers, so they get a winning in-store experience.
- You will also play a vital part in direct sales with customers, getting orders pulled and ready for dispatch, and merchandising and maintaining aisles within the showroom.
Skills and Experience:
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn are what matters!
- Experience in customer service, retail sales or hospitality environment would be beneficial
- Ability to build rapport with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Motivated, self-driven and able to work independently
- Competent computer and numeracy skills
- Proactive and able to think on your feet and under pressure
About PlaceMakers and our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s residential and commercial construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and can source more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and/or extend their learning further.
This is a Permanent opportunity, working 40 hours on a rostered basis between Tuesday and Saturday.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review and one of our team will get back to you!
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.