Plant Manager - Knoxfield
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Stramit
- Job Reference:SBP/30802
- Closing Date:16 Apr 2023
We know that great people get things done. Our values guide our decision making, and we know we are all better together. We believe all injuries are preventable and we never walk past – we speak up and take action. Our people share ideas and are encouraged to have a go. We anticipate and create solutions for our customers and we’re very proud to be Australian Made.
We’re currently on the lookout for a Plant Manager for our Knoxfield factory.
Key focus & responsibilities
In this pivotal role, you will assist in driving continued operations growth at our Victorian Metro Site in Knoxfield. Reporting to the National Manufacturing Manager, the Plant Manager role will see you manage all facets of manufacturing and operations across Stramit and Taurean Door Systems (TDS).
This role will ensure the manufacturing operation continues to operate towards a target of Zero Harm; EBIT budget is met, DIFOTIS & Customer Satisfaction KPI’s are achieved through a relentless drive of productivity & quality. You will be responsible for leading and developing a team and strengthening relationships with cross functional teams both onsite and across our national footprint. Your role is a pivotal part of the Operations leadership group, responsible for driving our team to meet our stated objectives.
You will be responsible for these 5 key areas:
- Safety (Protect)
- Plant Operations Management;
- Leadership and People Engagement;
- Cost Optimisation and efficiencies;
- Customer Service
What is in it for you?
You will be joining an iconic Australian brand that is constantly evolving. With our grit, determination and relentless pursuit for excellence, we are constantly on the lookout for design and innovation enhancements to improve built landscapes. With a team that blends years of experience with youthful curiosity, we are searching for a team player to build our future together.
We commit to:
- Empowering you to shape the transformation of our business;
- Working with you to chase your career aspirations
- Ongoing education and cross functional collaboration;
- FLEXit – our flexible work program that enables you to balance your own work/life priorities
- Diversity & Inclusivity – embracing everyone, we all have our own story to tell
- Offering market leading benefits including 24 weeks parental leave with full pay or 52 weeks at half, Great corporate partner discounts, Learning academy Development and So much More!!
What does success at Stramit look like?
You are a change champion, you challenge the status quo and you inspire others. You are a problem solver, ready to rollup your sleeves and you think big. You shape the future, rather than stand on the sidelines. You are hardwired for connection, curiosity, and engagement. You crave purpose and have a deep desire to create and contribute. You shine when empowered, being held to account to deliver and exceed. You take calculated risks, embrace vulnerabilities and are unique. You are seeking a challenge, an opportunity to make an indelible mark and a once in a lifetime career path.
Let’s grow and build something that matters for future generations – together!
We are on the lookout for;
- Excellent supervisory and team building skills
- Excellent communication and dispute resolution skills
- High customer service focus
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Be able to make critical decisions on the fly
- Good Excel and general computer skills
- 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Tech savviness - Someone who is versed in relevant software packages and has no issue adapting to new software
- Someone who is keen ambitious and keen to develop themselves to the next level.
So, if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit to grow an exciting career with Stramit!