- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/10051477
- Closing Date:15 Apr 2023
We have an opportunity available for a Site Engineer to join our Green Team in Wellington. You may be ready to take that next step in your career and this is the role to drive your further.
Supporting the Surfacing Manager and team you will deliver on asphalt and chip sealing projects/contracts whilst ensuring the terms of Health and Safety, Environmental, Quality and Financial performance are achieved.
The key skills, qualifications and experience you will need to succeed in this role include:
- A tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering (degree or diploma)
- Demonstrated experience within asphalt, chipsealing or roading environments
- Experience in complex and/or large-scale projects
- Technical knowledge of roading construction methods (pavement and surfacing) techniques on a major roading project
- Full clean Class 1 New Zealand Driver’s License
- Strong focus on health and safety not just your own but your colleagues and the public
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
This is a full time, permanent role working a minimum of 40 hours to a maximum of 60 hours per week. Competitive salary on offer between $70-$80,000 per annum. This role is predominantly based in Wellington with travel being region wide as required.
Higgins are a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path building tomorrows New Zealand with people at the heart of what we do every day.
As part of the wider Fletcher Construction Group, we offer an Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme and an Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations. A career with Higgins can lead to opportunities for career development in the wider Fletcher Building business.
As an organisation we are passionate about the safety of our people and would expect you to be committed to a safety-first culture and be able to demonstrate this with your Team and join them on this journey
Higgins Contractors are committed to providing a safe and drug free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
How to Apply
Ready for the challenge and want to align your goals with ours? If so, we would love to hear from you! Please apply directly online TODAY!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.