- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/30912
- Closing Date:05 Apr 2023
We have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Project Accountant to join the Maintenance Joint Venture Team working on the Ara Tūhono Pūhoi to Warkworth (P2W) project. This position is based at our Maintenance Office in Warkworth, this is an excellent opportunity for someone who lives in the local area.
You will be responsible for supporting the Maintenance Manager with project management systems including the cost control system. You also assist with document control, capturing project costs, managing change controls and all financial reporting. The role will also assist with commercial management of subcontractors & suppliers.
Take a look at drone flyover footage to get an insight into the project here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNnZYl2eBCw
Come join the Higgins team:
• Competitive Salary
• Based at our Maintenance Office in Warkworth – this is an excellent opportunity for someone who lives in the local area
• The P2W maintenance project is a 25-year project – this is a long-term job opportunity
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Fletcher Construction and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Access to Fletcher Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Minimum 5 years post study accounting experience
• Prior experience working as a Project Accountant in the Construction/Maintenance industry is highly sought after
• Tertiary qualification in accounting/Commerce
• Experience with JDE is highly sought after
• Commercial, systems, contractual and contract management experience
• Strong attention to detail as accuracy is key
• Be a clear and confident communicator
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive salary package, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.