Specialist Operator - Asphalt Paving
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/30919
- Closing Date:29 Sep 2023
The Higgins team in Tauranga are on the hunt for an Asphalt Paving Operator / Specialist Operator.
You will need to have a good understanding of all things asphalt so previous experience within the industry in a similar role is a must! You may be looking or have the desire to grow into a leadership / Leading Hand role and be keen to train, learn, advance and be a confident communicator. We can teach you everything else and support you to develop and grow.
- Career development – opportunities to develop into a Leading Hand / Foreperson position
- Support to gain Class 2 Licence and WTR tickets if you do not already have these
- Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
- Competitive hourly rate
- Access to Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarship & share scheme along with multi-business discounts for you and your family to enjoy
- Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
If you have relevant industry experience and are looking for a step up in your career into a leading hand position then we would be very interested to talk to you – there is support and training available to help you be successful in this position.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Ideally you will have 3+ years experience in roading
- You will be a people person – you will enjoy leading a team or have an interest in stepping into this position
- Ideally you will have a Class 2 licence with WTR
- Experience operating Rollers, Graders & Diggers
- Reliable, honest team player who leads from the front
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependents.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haere
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.