Branch Administrator - Kaiwharawhara
- Job Type:Part time
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:30978
- Closing Date:31 Mar 2023
Help us build New Zealand! Join the team at PlaceMakers - New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials!
To support our service promise and operational efficiencies, this role reports to the Commercial Insights Manager. This is a varied role with a mix of both accounting/basic finance and administration duties. It’s a key role in our business that ensures that correct procedures are followed and the administrative side is run efficiently for the branch. You will be responsible for:
- Reviewing/matching invoices and investigating any discrepancies
- Processing and following up on supplier credits
- Complete cash balancing and bank reconciliations
- Provide general HR, EHS and administration support as required
- Coordinating new account and loyalty forms and responding to customer queries
- Managing daily banking requirements
- Reconciling monthly fuel/credit card expenses
- Ordering stationery/branch supplies
- General administration support as required
You’re a solid all-rounder who takes great pride in your work and can multitask like no other while working to deadlines and remaining calm under pressure.
You will be engaging with different teams, customers, and suppliers on a regular basis so being approachable is essential. Other skills and experience we are looking for include –
- Strong Administration background
- Knowledge of accounting and processes is desirable, but not necessary
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Professional communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (particularly Word & Excel)
- Loads of initiative and ability to take action to solve problems
- Ability to work autonomously as well as being part of a cohesive and successful team
About PlaceMakers and our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s commercial and residential construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and stock more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and extend their learning further.
This is a permanent, part-time role working Monday to Friday, working a total of 5 ½ hours each day. With flexibility on start and finish times.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review and one of our team will get back to you!
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.