Account Manager- Oamaru
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:27 Mar 2023
About the Role
We are looking for a solid and experienced Account Manager who is keen to use their knowledge to keep our valued customers on board & proactively find new business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the team at PlaceMakers based in Oamaru in North Otago on the South Island. Working at PlaceMakers offers you the opportunity to work for New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s residential and commercial construction markets while enjoying all the benefits of small town living such as affordable homes, great schools and beautiful scenery while being close enough to big cities.
Reporting to the Site Manager, this role offers a great blend of sales and account management. Your time will be spent out on the road managing and growing business within a well-established customer portfolio, but more importantly building relationships with new customers in the Waitaki and North Otago regions.
Daily you will be responsible for -
• Ensuring regularity of contact so you can be ahead of the game
• Hunting for sales opportunities both in existing and new customers
• Collaborating with your colleagues and communicating with customers about stock availability, delivery times and pricing.
• Attending building industry & trade events to keep up to date with market trends
• Developing relationships within the community and promoting brand awareness
Skills and Experience:
• You will play a lead role in capturing sales opportunities across your portfolio therefore your passion for building rapport and long-lasting customer relationships is an absolute must!
• Proven experience in Account Management and/or Business Development
• A self-starter with strong organisational skills
• Knowledge of the building Industry is preferred, but not essential.
• Strong sales drive and resilience will be essential with a solutions-focused approach
• Excellent communication skills and highly motivated with exceptional work ethic
• Clean, full NZ Drivers Licence
• A down-to-earth and community-minded person with a focus on long-term, credible relationships will thrive in a role like this. You will need to be outgoing and enjoy working in a close team environment.
About PlaceMakers and our Benefits
We offer a competitive base salary, incentive scheme, vehicle and tools of the trade. Plus you can also expect generous staff-buying privileges and genuine opportunities for development that come with being part of the wider Fletcher Building Group.
This role is working Monday to Friday, 45 hours, a permanent opportunity, with flexibility around hours.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review and one of our team will get back to you!
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test, will be required and be fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.