- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/31039
- Closing Date:11 Apr 2023
The Higgins team in Auckland are currently have two exciting opportunities for Traffic Engineers to join the team. We have an opportunity at out East Tamaki branch in our Traffic Division and also at one of our major long term projects Eastern Busways based in Pakuranga.
Come join the Green Team:
• Competitive Salary + Vehicle
• Work with an experienced leader who is an expert in the industry
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Ongoing training and development available to you – opportunities for further study/qualifications available
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
As a Traffic Engineer, your role will be to organise and oversee the planning, resourcing and effective delivery of workload in the TTM team and wider business. This is an integral role in enabling our teams to deliver on what we do best – roading and infrastructure.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Diploma or degree level qualification in Civil/Traffic Engineering
• Ideally a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Traffic Engineering in NZ.
• Ability to provide market leading traffic and transportation engineering design advice on a large range of projects.
• Plan, model, design and prepare technical reports.
• Proficient in AutoCAD
• Manage and deliver projects including client management, internal resourcing, deadlines and budgets.
• Provide mentoring for wider civil team on traffic engineering
• Assist with growing client base and identifying new business opportunities.
• Identify technical and theoretical advancements in Traffic Engineering and incorporate into your role as a Traffic Engineer.
Based in Auckland - this is a full time, permanent role working a minimum of 40 hours to a maximum of 55 hours per week. Competitive salary on offer between $80K-$90k + vehicle.
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.