- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Laminex AU
- Job Reference:LAM/31053
- Closing Date:21 Apr 2023
Join Laminex Australia, an iconic Australian brand that has been a part of the country's design landscape for over 85 years. We manufacture and procure a wide range of commercial and residential products such as laminate, engineered stone, and veneers, ensuring that Australians can live in beautiful and practical spaces.
We are currently seeking a safety-focused and experienced Electrician to provide ongoing support and maintenance of electrical equipment at our Gympie (Monkland) site in QLD. This is a key role that requires expertise in maintaining a high standard of work in accordance with Australian regulations and standards.
The successful candidate will work as a proactive member of the operations team, demonstrating a personal commitment to safety and our PROTECT safety culture. This role involves standard dayshift hours (7-3.30pm) and/or rotating 12-hour shifts, so you must be available to work both structures.
Key focuses & responsibilities will include:
• Demonstrate an understanding of and comply with the responsibilities, accountabilities and authorities contained within the safety system relevant to your position and team
• Pro-actively undertake Safety Behaviour Conversations (SBC) and identify hazards and implement appropriate control measures
• Achieve and maintain a high standard of housekeeping
• Report all injuries, incidents, hazards and near misses, regardless of severity
• Complete quality assurance testing and recording
• Efficient and effective fault finding to diagnose and repair plant outages in a timely manner.
We are after the following experience, skills & traits:
• Appropriate trade certification
• Shift work experience
• Senior First Aid certificate (preferred not mandatory)
• Previous experience in a manufacturing and/or industrial environment
• High level of fault finding, repair and carry out maintenance on complex electrical systems comprising of Citect SCADA systems, Allen Bradley PLCs and Variable Speed drives
• High voltage Maintenance 11KV ring main (helpful but not essential)
• Good knowledge of AC/DC drives
• Confined space certification
• Working at heights (EWP) certification
• Commitment to working within the Mex CMMS environment
• AutoCAD experience desirable
As part of the Laminex team, you will be joining one of Australia's most dynamic and respected brands located in the beautiful area town of Gympie. We are part of the Fletcher Building Group, a global community of people who celebrate each other's experience, skills, and individuality to create amazing work. With that comes a lot of opportunity.
If you are a team player who is committed to safety and quality work, this could be the opportunity you've been looking for. Apply now, and contact Lachlan from Laminex for a confidential discussion on 0456 918 772. Join us and be a part of one of Australia's Top-10 "Best Places to Work."