National HSE Manager
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Environmental Health and Safety
- Business Group:Building Products Divisional Support
- Job Reference:BPS/31090
- Closing Date:31 Mar 2023
Fletcher Wood Products (FWP) is a newly established business within the Building Products division of Fletcher Building. The business represents our re-entry into the wood sector which is supported by strong macro trends and contributes to NZ’s goal of a low-carbon circular economy.
FWP encompasses sawmilling assets in Waipapa which produces a range of sawn timber products, including industrial and structural grades, a renewable fuels business and a new wood panel production plant in Taupo. The new plant will utilise innovative technology to produce cost competitive, high-quality products that have diverse applications in furniture, joinery and the broader construction sector.
We are seeking a National HSE Manager to join our team in Auckland. Reporting to the GM, you will be responsible for developing and implementing health, safety, and environmental (HSE) policies and procedures across all FWP operations. This is a key leadership role that will require a high level of technical expertise, strong communication skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Generating an organisational mind-set that promotes Environment, Health & Safety as a principle value and to provide outstanding non-compromising leadership in respect to safety practises and commitment
- To lead and maintain a focused culture of zero harm and continuous improvement of safety performance across Fletcher Wood Products Ltd
- Empower continual improvement of health and safety at all levels of the company through the provision of practical health and safety tools, procedures, information and support
- Ensure regulatory compliance with health and safety legislation, Fletcher Building and Fletcher Wood Products, New Zealand strategies and policies
- Liaise with the Capital Projects and provide support to the project teams on the Health, Safety and Environmental issues, undertake detailed due diligence on potential M&A targets as the BU expands.
Qualifications and Experience we are looking for include:
- Tertiary qualified – Diploma or degree preferred or extensive practical experience in applying H&S to a diverse range of activities (timber process/manufacturing/distribution/ warehousing/small business activities).
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing effective H&S resources and engage with managers, leaders, operators, contractors and visitors in a diverse business environment as described above.
- Able to manage and constantly reset H&S priorities whilst meeting business requirements in a customer-driven operating environment.
- Practical Problem solving, and excellent analytical skills.
- Commitment to the achievement of objectives and high H&S standards
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
An excellent salary and incentive package is on offer and as part of the Fletcher Building Group, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including paid parental leave, education grants, access to the Fletcher Building Share scheme and a vast array of discounts at leading retailers.
Sound like you? Apply now via the link below or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.