Supervisor - Asphalt Paving
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/31099
- Closing Date:29 Sep 2023
It’s never been a better time to join Higgins, and with key projects to keep us busy we need you!
- Are you an experienced Supervisor looking for your next role?
- Would you like to work on a variety of high-profile projects?
- Operate new state-of the-art equipment?
The Green team in Tauranga are looking for an experienced Asphalt Paving Supervisor who has the ability to motivate and lead their crew to the desired high standard of quality workmanship and finish. If you currently work in a similar role or a foreperson looking for your next career move, we would like to talk to you!
Your people management skills, ability to interact with and manage stakeholders, and successfully lead a team to achieve its goals, will set you apart from the rest. The scope of projects that you will be involved with will include large resurfacing projects, motorway works, site works and sub-divisions. You will be looking after a paving team of between 8 - 12 members.
Skills & Experience:
- Technical experience in planning and delivering a variety of asphalt and compaction methodologies
- Managing a crew on a day to day basis, setting goals and programming the days movements, including resource utilisation
- Experience in asphalt quality control standards
- Active and productive communication with clients/consultants/staff
- Self-motivation, a positive attitude and the ability to think for yourself
- Be a reliable, honest and flexible team-player
- Competitive salary package and company vehicle
- On-going training and development
- Fletchers Benefits Programme, including discounted health insurance, family scholarships & share schemes.
Higgins (part of the Fletcher Building Group) is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. Many people have built great careers with Higgins over the last 50 years. As a member of the Higgins Green Team that opportunity is open to you as we work, grow and have fun together building tomorrows New Zealand.
Higgins Contractors is committed to providing a safe and drug free work place. The successful applicant will be required to pass a drug and alcohol test prior to commencement of employment.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.