Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Specialist
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Information Technology
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/31161
- Closing Date:07 Apr 2023
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Specialist to join the Maintenance Joint Venture Team working on the Ara Tūhono Pūhoi to Warkworth (P2W) project. This position is based at our Office in Warkworth and is an excellent opportunity for someone who lives in the local area.
The responsibilities of this role include the Management of ITS maintenance systems, troubleshooting, evaluating problems with the ITS devices, network administration including report writing, installation, repair and maintenance of systems and overall responsibility for the ITS network.
Take a look at drone flyover footage to get an insight into the project here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNnZYl2eBCw
Come join the Higgins Team:
• Competitive Salary
• Based at our Maintenance Office in Warkworth – this is an excellent opportunity for someone who lives in the local area
• The P2W maintenance project is a 25-year project – this is a long-term job opportunity
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Fletcher Construction and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Access to Fletcher Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you will bring to the role:
• 5-8 years of professional intelligent transportation systems/ITS engineering experience required, maintaining, testing and repairing electronic equipment and control systems.
• Technical understanding of electronics and configuring/programing network hardware devices
• Experience with ITS equipment and/or communications systems (cellular, fiber, wireless)
• Ability to think critically, applying standards and guidelines to project-specific challenges, especially the NZTA ITS Specifications
• Ability to read and comprehend highway plans, electrical diagrams, and construction specifications
• Comfortable working in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions including in heavy traffic conditions and enclosed spaces.
• Ability to work an on-call roster
• Comfortable working at heights of three meters or more above ground and water.
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive salary package, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga