QA Lab Technician - Concrete
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Concrete Divisional Support
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:17 Apr 2023
Fletcher Building’s Concrete Division consist of Firth, Golden Bay, Winstone Aggregates and Humes. Our team in Christchurch are looking for QA Lab tech to join our team by providing first class quality product to our customers. This is not your white coat lab tech role - you are dealing with our Concrete Products. If you don't mind getting your hands dirty? Please do read on.......
Ngā painga | What's in it for you?
Firstly, steady and secure work and also employee benefits that include but aren’t limited to:
- A great team culture where we enjoy celebrating our successes and supporting each other
- Access to training, development, and career progression
- Employee Education Fund – Staff & Dependants
- Access to Fletcher Building Benefits programme including, parental leave, share scheme and staff discounts
Ko tā mātou mahi | Our Role
- Moving buckets of aggregates, shovelling and mixing fine and coarse aggregates.
- Storing and preservation of materials in suitable packaging and relevant containers.
- Careful handling of test specimens and test equipment.
- Batching aggregates and cementitious materials for mixing concrete and mortars.
- Mixing concrete and mortars and making test samples.
- Striping test samples, labelling them and then placing the samples in the proper curing conditions.
- Must be able to work in dusty conditions
Ngā Pūmanawatanga Ōu | What You Will Bring
- Material testing experience
- Excellent numeracy and literacy
- Basic Computer literacy
- Attention to Detail
- Willingness to work as a team is a MUST
- Full NZ Drivers Licence
- Training will be provided in all aspects of the role
- Last but least, the great attitude and passion
Click on APPLY and get ready for the next challenge!
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description. We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.