Yard & Drive Thru Team Member - Kaiwharawhara
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:31193
- Closing Date:12 Apr 2023
About the role:
You’ll be responsible for delivering excellent service to our customers when they come through our yard and drive-thru/pick-up area where you will be dealing with our building trade customer base. Your energetic, outgoing nature and eye for detail will help you ensure that our customers receive prompt, efficient service and sound advice while keeping safety at the forefront.
Daily you will be responsible for:
- Assisting within the yard, providing product advice to customers when required
- Picking orders, monitoring inventory, cycle counts and much more
- Loading of goods onto customer vehicles
- Processing customer orders and transactions
- Assisting as directed to ensure an efficient warehouse is maintained
- Operating a Forklift (Experience and Licence is ideal; however, training can be provided)
A clean/ current Full NZ driver's Licence is essential.
Skills and Experience:
- A positive attitude and willingness to learn are what matters!
- With the role requiring a fair amount of heavy lifting, you will need to be physically fit and have solid Health & Safety values as you will play an active part in our commitment to providing a safe work environment.
- Previous building or warehousing experience would be an advantage
- Enjoy building relationships with customers and you’re quick on your feet to solve any problems and ensure resolution
- You're always on the hunt for the next task to be completed.
About PlaceMakers and our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s residential and commercial construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations nationwide and can source more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and/or extend their learning further.
This is a Permanent opportunity, working 40 hours on a rostered basis between Tuesday and Saturday.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review and one of our team will get in contact to talk more!
Please note - A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.