- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Winstone Aggregates
- Job Reference:WIN/31216
- Closing Date:07 Apr 2023
We have an opportunity to join the Winstone Aggregates’ lab team based at Hunua Quarry. Lab work in a quarry may not be what you’re imagining. You don’t need a white coat or have a science degree, but common sense will take you far in this role.
The product you’re assessing is what goes into construction and infrastructure projects throughout the region. Lab Techs have a significant input into the roads you drive on, new buildings, housing developments, and stadiums. You can be a part of it too, in an environment where you really do get to see the results of your work.
What we can offer:
- Guaranteed 40-hour week
- Weekly paid
- A steppingstone into the wider quarrying and civil construction environment
- Development opportunities – we enjoy upskilling our staff to help them excel
- Our fantastic new parental leave policy – phased return to work options available
- Fuel discounts and a range of other retailer discounts
About the role:
- Hours: 7.30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturdays – flexibility on hours will be required
- Identify and assess the quality of the aggregate we produce by conducting a variety of tests to test strength, measure size and make up
- Actively participate in the day-to-day operations by identifying, collecting and testing aggregate samples and/or materials
- Testing materials in accordance with laboratory systems, policies and procedures and to customer specification
- Opportunity to travel to other quarries to conduct testing
To be successful for this role you will need to have:
- Engineering/Science tertiary qualifications or practical laboratory work experience in the same field
- IANZ or quality control knowledge
- You’ll need to be a good listener and more than anything, able to follow testing instructions
- A full New Zealand driver’s licence
- Health, Safety and Environmental awareness
- Be physically fit - able to lift 25kg
- Right to work in New Zealand
The Concrete Division comprises Fletcher Building’s aggregate, cement and concrete businesses, employing over 1300 people across three business units. Winstone Aggregates is 150 years old and the largest supplier of sand and aggregate in New Zealand.
Click APPLY to express your interest in this role.
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description.
We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.