- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Traffic Management
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/31218
- Closing Date:11 Apr 2023
We have an exciting leadership opportunity for a Traffic Manager to join the Higgins Christchurch Team. This is a newly created role to lead our Traffic Management division. The business is in a growth phase and we have a number of exciting projects underway including Christchurch City Council Southern Maintenance Contract and Kaiwera Downs Wind Farm.
This is a senior role with massive potential for growth. With your extensive industry knowledge, local connections and client relationship capabilities you will have the opportunity to shape our growing footprint within the region.
• You will be responsible for the planning, resourcing, and effective delivery of all workload for the Traffic Management division
• Lead a team of Traffic Management Operatives and STMS staff (internal and external)
• Preparation/Review of Traffic Management Plans and the effective implementation of them
• Manage all aspects of financial performance for the division including cost management, monthly reporting and analysis (results / profit & loss)
• Strong focus on health and safety – not just your own, but your colleagues and the public
• Competent computer skills to undertake your responsibilities effectively
• Business Development to support future growth of the division
• Supporting talent attraction and retention strategies to help grow Higgins self-perform capability
What you will bring to the role:
• You will have a solid background in Traffic Management on roading projects within New Zealand, including knowledge of NZTA’s processes and procedures
• TTM planner qualifications highly sought after
• STMS Qualifications – Category B
• Strong knowledge of the Christchurch market is highly sought after
• Excellent people skills – you will enjoy leading a team or be ready to the next step up in your career
• Prior experience managing internal and external customers
• Strong project planning experience
• A high level of knowledge and commitment to operational health and safety best practice
Come join the Green Team:
• Competitive salary + vehicle
• Newly created leadership opportunity that you shape
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive salary package, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants. As part of the wider Fletcher Construction and Fletcher Building businesses, there are also a wealth of career progression opportunities.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haereng