- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/31239
- Closing Date:10 Apr 2023
We have an opportunity available for a workshop mechanic to join our Christchurch team.
Come join the Green Team:
• Competitive hourly rate + guaranteed hours
• Join a supportive team that treat each other like Whānau
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
• Brand new PPE gear (that’s your own personal protective equipment)
As an experienced workshop mechanic your role will focus on the repair and maintenance of a variety of trucks and equipment in our busy depot. You will be working alongside a team of experienced mechanics who work together to solve problems in a safe environment.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Experience in mechanical repair and maintenance of heavy vehicles and equipment
• Experience on yellow plant e.g. diggers, graders, loaders, dozers
• Level 4 Trade qualification or similar
• Excellent communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Committed to a safety-first culture
• Availability to work an on-call roster
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.