- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/31258
- Closing Date:12 Apr 2023
We are seeking a highly experienced EHSQ Manager to support the Waikato and Taupo regions within the Higgins business.
Driven by a can-do attitude, you will provide coaching and support to Regional and Branch Leaders to promote a movement towards an interdependent safety culture and a Line Led Safety Operating Model.
You will work in partnership with the Region Manager – Waikato, branches, depots, staff, and contractors to lead EHSQ improvement and change programs. Building and maintaining trusted relationships, whilst having conversations that challenge the status quo to uplift EHSQ capability is crucial.
If you enjoy fast paced, challenging and complex operating environments, with the opportunity to make your mark alongside great people where no day is the same, then this is the role for you.
What does success look like in this role?
- A demonstrated ability to inspire, engage and influence people
- Proven experience in a similar role in civil construction or another high-risk industry
- Ability to be an agent of cultural change and lead a modern EHS approach
- Ability to deliver user-friendly, fit for purpose EHS resources designed around frontline users
- A contemporary approach and skillset for good investigation, root cause analysis and risk management,
- Strong verbal and written communication, workshop facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Sound conceptual and analytical skills, with effective problem solving and an inquisitive mind
- Sound computer experience (eg Microsoft, Excel, Powerpoint and other)
- Technical EHS expertise and driving EHS performance improvement
- Demonstrated legislative knowledge, interpretation, and practical application with employees.
What We Offer
As a leader in roading and infrastructure construction in New Zealand and Fiji on a continued growth path we have all the benefits of a large organisation with the heart of a smaller close-knit values-based business. Higgins is a member of the Fletcher Building family of companies, we offer an Employee Welfare Fund, Share Scheme, and an Employee Education Fund to help you and your family reach educational aspirations. A career with Higgins can lead to opportunities for career development in the wider Fletcher Building business.
How to Apply
Ready for the challenge and want to align your goals with ours? If so, we would love to hear from you! Please apply directly via our careers site
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.