- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Winstone Aggregates
- Job Reference:WIN/31273
- Closing Date:12 Apr 2023
What this role offers:
- A company who supports inclusive hiring practices and a diverse working environment
- Guaranteed 40 hours - Monday to Friday and some Saturdays on roster – extra hours available
- Weekly paid
- Employee benefits – Parental leave, Southern Cross, in-house employee funding programmes for you and your family and many more discounts at selected businesses
- Be part of a team - learn and operate all machinery onsite
- Career advancement opportunities – not only with Winstones but the wider Fletcher Building group
Who we are looking for:
An all-rounder Quarry Operator to work our day shift between 6:00am to 5:30pm, with the occasional Saturday morning.
Ideally you will be mechanically minded and have a little bit of heavy machinery experience, however we can let that slide if you have the right positive and ‘can do’ attitude and are keen to learn the ropes of the quarrying industry. The successful candidate will be fully inducted and trained before operating any of our heavy machinery.
You will need to have:
- At least a restricted NZ driver’s licence, RTW an advantage
- Be mechanically minded and passionate about working in a quarry environment
- Right to work in New Zealand
- Decent level of fitness – at times there will be some manual heavy lifting (up to 25kg)
- Common sense and a healthy and positive attitude towards your work to ensure your teammates get home safely each day.
There is no barrier to what you can do if you put your mind to it. Opportunities are open for all if you have self-belief and remain determined, ambitious and motivated.
This is Winstone Aggregates…the pioneers in the quarrying industry – we like to say we are moving the earth to bring our customers the future. This has been our way for 150 years, delivering the highest quality products to help construct Aotearoa’s buildings, roadings, bridges and structure.
Research shows that females and minority groups don’t apply for roles unless they match 100% the job description.
We are proud of your diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger. We welcome your individuality and encourage you to bring your true self to work, so if this role is of interest but you feel you don’t fit it, we would still love you to apply.