- Job Type:Part time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/31280
- Closing Date:13 Apr 2023
Due to recent growth and a strong forward work position in the South Island we have an opportunity for a part-time Assistant Accountant to join the Higgins South Island Region.
Reporting to the Regional Finance Manager – South Island, you will be part of a close-knit finance and administration team. You will be assisting in the delivery of finance and administration support services including accounts payable.
A typical day may include:
•Raising and receipting purchase orders for operational staff as well as providing accounts payable guidance and resolving queries (both internal and external).
•Processing of internal and external sales orders
•Raising customer invoices and assisting in weekly debtor and cashflow management.
•Maintaining project, customer and supplier master data files within JDE.
•Assist project managers and engineers in understanding project/financial reporting.
Come join the Higgins Team:
• Part-time role based in our Christchurch office (20-25 hours per week) – we are open to discussion on how these hours are undertaken across the working week.
• Join a supportive and passionate team and with plans to build the Higgins brand across the South Island.
• Tailored training and development plans to help you grow and reach your personal and career goals.
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses.
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds.
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy, PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Tertiary qualification in accounting with over 5 years practical accounting experience
• Experience with using the JDE operating system is highly sought after.
• Prior experience in Civil Contracting/ Construction industries is desirable.
• AT qualified or working towards AT or CA designation.
• High attention to detail
• Confident at owning and managing workflows with competing deadlines.
• Highly organised, ability to prioritise
• Skilled in using Excel
• Excellent communication skills
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day. We offer a great working environment, competitive hourly rate, subsidised medical insurance and subsidised education and training for you and your dependants.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check – you’ll need to be fit for work!
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.