Steel Placing Foreman
- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Steel
- Job Reference:REO/31287
- Closing Date:24 Jun 2023
Fletcher Reinforcing is New Zealand’s leading fabricator and supplier of reinforcing steel and associated products to the building and construction industry. We are part of Fletcher Building, a diversified global industrial company.
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Steel Placing Foreman to join New Zealand’s largest infrastructure and construction company and work on some of New Zealand’s most significant commercial projects based in Auckland.
Day to day you will be leading a team of experienced steel fixers to ensure optimum performance is maintained with regard to throughput, quality, safety, and fabrication requirements in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
To succeed in this role, you will ideally have:
- A minimum of 5 years of steel fixing experience in a variety of projects, strong people management and leadership skills
- Sound business acumen
- Excellent ability to understand/interpret the construction/shop drawings and detail sheets and utilising the same to lead the team towards assembling structures correctly to the required standard in a timely manner,
- Proven experience in cutting, tying, inserting ground beams, constructing steel columns, walls, base/roof slabs, etc.
- Converse confidently and professionally with the wider internal teams, clients, engineers, and supervisors
- Safe work practices, quality standards, and respecting all cultures are a must
- Being able to establish and monitor the productivity of your team to maintain the work within budget
In return, you’ll be joining a well-respected business that can offer a competitive hourly rate plus a range of other benefits and opportunities for career advancement that come with being part of Fletcher Building. Apply now!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply to any of our vacant positions. Talk to us about our flexible working arrangements and career pathways.