- Job Type:Full time
- Business Group:Higgins
- Job Reference:FCH/31374
- Closing Date:29 May 2023
The Higgins Christchurch Team are looking for an experienced Estimator to join the business. The South Island has an excellent pipeline of future work and Higgins will be actively working to secure its share. This role will play a significant part in the success of the business.
You will be joining a wider team of Estimators across our regions alongside support from an experienced Estimating Manager based in the Canterbury region. Ideally, we are looking for someone who is at an intermediate or senior level.
Come join the Green Team:
• Competitive salary
• Join a supportive team that treat each other like Whānau
• Ongoing training and development to help you reach your career goals
• Career development – opportunities to grow your career at Higgins and the wider Fletcher Building group of businesses
• Access to Fletchers Building Benefits Programme, including:
• A brand-new market-leading parental leave policy to ensure employees are well supported throughout one of life’s most significant events.
• FB employee share scheme, educational and welfare funds
• A significant portfolio of retail benefits across major NZ businesses such as ANZ, Z energy ,PlaceMakers, Mico and Samsung.
What you’ll bring:
• Proven tendering experience, preferably within roading / civil infrastructure construction
• A result focused, commercially astute outlook and a practical approach to problem solving
• Ability to handle a diverse workload along, whilst finding creative and forward-thinking solutions
• Estimating and / or Quantity Surveying experience - technical qualifications preferred
• Proficient with CCS Candy or Benchmark, Microsoft Projects
Higgins is a leading roading and civil infrastructure company in New Zealand. We are on a dynamic growth path with people at the heart of what we do every day.
Higgins is committed to a drug-free workplace. The successful applicant will be required to pass pre-employment drug and alcohol testing along with a health check. Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Building better roads for safer journeys – He pai ake te hanga o ngā rori, kia haumaru ai ngā haerenga
We welcome your individuality. We are enriched by so many nationalities, languages, religions, customs, and lifestyles. We are proud of our diversity and see it as one of the things that make us stronger.