Trade Support Team Member - Wellington
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:31424
- Closing Date:13 Jun 2023
We currently have two positions available within the Wellington Hub, these include:
- Hutt City
About the role:
We are seeking customer-focused individuals to join our Trade Support Team in PlaceMakers Wellington. You’ll be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and support to our Wellington Account Managers, suppliers, and customers. Your main objective will be to ensure a seamless customer experience by managing customer inquiries, providing product advice, quotes, and pricing information, and seeking out solutions to meet customer needs.
Daily you will be responsible for:
- Actioning customer inquiries by phone and email
- Seek out value-add solutions for internal and external customers
- Take clear briefs from stakeholders on what is to be quoted, and prepare document details as needed
- Daily and weekly planning with account managers to ensure all opportunities are captured
- Providing customers with product advice, quotes, and pricing information as well as tailored solutions
Skills and Experience:
- Proven Customer Service and/or Sales Experience
- Administration background
- Building Industry experience is not a must, but a desire to learn about our products & processes
- Excellent communication abilities, with the capability to provide personalized solutions
- Be able to work under pressure and organize your time and environment for maximum efficiency
- Computer literacy is an important, confident user of Excel, however, full training will be given on our in-house computer systems
- Strong proficiency in written communication, including both reading and writing abilities
About PlaceMakers and our Benefits
PlaceMakers is New Zealand's leading and largest supplier of building materials to New Zealand’s residential and commercial construction markets. Part of New Zealand’s largest listed company, Fletcher Building, we employ more than 2,100 people in over 60 locations across the country and can source more than 100,000 product lines from concrete to paint and plasterboard.
We offer an Employee Education Fund (EEF), where funding can be obtained for employees and family members to study and/or extend their learning further.
These roles are permanent opportunities, 40 hours per week working Monday to Friday, with no weekend work.
How to Apply
Opportunities like this do not come along very often and these are limited. To express your genuine interest please submit your CV for review!
Please note: A pre-employment medical, including a drug test will be required as well as being fully eligible to work in NZ indefinitely.
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.