Yard & Drive Thru Team Leader- Alexandra
- Job Type:Full time
- Category:Customer Service
- Business Group:PlaceMakers
- Job Reference:
- Closing Date:13 Jun 2023
PlaceMakers Alexandra provides a busy working environment where we pride ourselves on our customer connection and interactions. Every team member must be great at customer service and value our customers.
The Yard & Drive-thru Team leader position is responsible for ensuring that the teams performance exceeds set goals in order to provide excellent service to our customers.
You will achieve this by:
- Working alongside the yard and drive thru team to provide exceptional service
- Managing team workload to ensure customer delivery and collections are ready in time
- At times you will need to operate a forklift (training/licencing provided)
- Assisting the Drive Thru / Yard Team to ensure an efficient warehouse is maintained
- Assisting with maintaining stock levels and accuracy
- Actively working to make sure you, our customers and your teammates are safe
We’re looking for someone with a passion for leadership who is able to implement systems and processes to ensure that we continue to be the leading supplier for building materials. To be successful you will also need to build and maintain effective relationships with teammates and customers by being solutions focused.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a similar leadership role
- Ability to build rapport with people from all ages and backgrounds
- Motivated, self-driven and able to work independently
- A strong focus on performance with attention to detail
- Full current NZ driver’s licence
- Safety focused
- Fit & healthy (regular manual handling is a requirement of the role)
This is a full-time permanent role (Minimum 40 hours) with plenty of training and support!
What’s in it for you?
We have a fantastic and supportive team environment so you will gain an amazing work family! We value work life balance, and that’s why we work as a team to ensure we are only working one Saturday Morning in every five.
With your hard work and our support, we can help you to build a career! There are plenty of opportunities within PlaceMakers along with being part of Fletcher Building means there are many other staff benefits on offer!
If you are interested in a career where you get as much out as you put in and you are truly recognised and rewarded for your efforts, then click on the link to apply now.
Please note: The following will be required for successful application
- A pre-employment medical, including drug test will be required
- Evidence of the legal right to work in NZ
We are proud of the incredible diversity of people who make up our business! As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment for all our employees across our national network of branches throughout New Zealand.